My good peeps, Friday is upon us and it is about to be a fureeekin great day! We continue to talk about cultivating curiosity:
- Make Why Your Favorite Word – Brian Tracy once said, “A major stimulant to creative thinking is focused questions. There is something about a well-worded question that often penetrates to the heart of the matter and triggers new ideas and insights.” Most of the time focused questions begin with the word why. It is a word that can really help you clarify an issue. Those with a victim mind-set ask, “why me?” Curious people ask the question to find solutions so they can keep moving forward and making progress.
“One’s first step in wisdom is to question everything.”
- Spend Time with Other Curious People – I love this one. Just like with anything else, if you surround yourself with unmotivated people, you have a damn good chance of being unmotivated as well. What is the other statistic I heard once as well? Something like, you will earn the average amount of income as your 5 closest friends. Well, it rings true here as well. Spend time with those that want to ask questions because they want to learn. Because they want to grow. Because they want to innovate. Being around people with great curiosity is contagious.
- Learn Something New Every Day – I could talk on this subject for hours. “One of the best ways to remain curious is to begin each day with a determination to learn something new, experience something different, or meet someone that you don’t already know.” Here is how you do that:
- Wake up with an attitude of openness to something new- you must see the day as having multiple opportunities to learn.
- Keep your eyes and ears open during the day- “Most unsuccessful people just accept their day, tuning things out, simply hoping to endure it. Successful people seize their day.”
- Reflection- it does no good to hear something new and not take the time to figure out how to apply it. Always be asking yourself the questions, “What did I learn?” and “How can I apply it.”
Life is about learning and applying, and then getting better because of it. The day you think you have arrived in any category, is the day you will start to fall. Keep moving forward. Keep getting better. Keep striving for more. Keep on keeping on my brothers and sisters.
Life is good.
Yours truly, super thankful, Cram