Happy freaking Friday! Go get it today! Go earn it! Go achieve it! Go enjoy it! Today, Mr. Canfield starts his discussion by recounting a party he was invited to years ago. The party was in 1986, and all those that were invited were instructed to come to the party as if it were five years later. All of the guests were supposed to dress the part, to bring the paychecks they had earned, and to bring any awards they had been given. Canfield came with his best selling book in hand. Another guest came with a copy of time magazine with her face on the cover, while a guest, who was a current multi-millionaire, came dressed as a beach bum—because that is how he envisioned his retirement. One guest even hired someone to call him every 15 minutes, because he had envisioned himself as a successful stock broker, and acted as if he was selling shares. Obviously, the purpose of the party was to show people what it would feel like when he or she were living his or her dream. When you spend an evening living the way you want to live, you lay down powerful blueprints in your sub-conscious mind, which will lead you having a much greater chance of accomplishing your goals.
Although, participating in a party as described by Canfield may help you understand your goals, it may not be everything you need to do in order to obtain your overall future goals. To achieve your goals there are countless things you need to do. I have come to realize time and time again that someone who has success and happiness are simply willing to do things in order to achieve his or her desires. Here are a few things to recap:
- He or she will get up early in the morning and start the day with a power hour.
- He or she are constantly trying to get better. Everyday setting a goal for higher ground.
- He or she will never go half-in on anything of importance. It’s balls to the walls or nothing, It’s freaking do or die!
- He or she understands life is going to bring you lemons and he or she will use whatever life gives them as a learning opportunity every time.
- Failure to them is just a part of the process, and he or she fail with class, with determination, and with a desire to get better. But, he or she sure as hell fail.
- He or she have began to realize he or she will gain prosperity through sharing it. Serving others brings them happiness, and he or she understand that concept.
- He or she are the masters of his or her own thoughts. They are constantly putting in positive deposits both mentally and physically. They have realized that others are constantly telling themselves something, while he or she are telling his or herself the things that will help them take over the world.
- He or she love his or her work. They are passionate about it, and they shout it from the rooftops.
- He or she work smarter and they work freaking hard! He or she will never stop reaching and pushing for what they believe in.
- He or she do not fear. They may get nervous from time to time, but they are not afraid! He or she knows who they are and they know their purpose.
I am not sure if there is a single soul in this world who does not want to be successful in one way or another. Quite frankly, the beauty of God and his creation, is he has given everyone the equal chance to find success. He has given us so many paths to get there.
Now, what it all really comes down to, is whether or not you are going to do all that it takes to become successful.
Whether or not you are going to put in the time. Whether or not you are going to keep sleeping off your goals, or putting in the work to accomplish your goals. Because remember, being a baller and a bum both take 24 hours a day. Which one will you be?
I choose to be a baller, Cram