My good peeps! I hope the weekend was filled with nothing but love and good stuff. Happy Monday! Today we continue to talk about the process to finding passion and purpose. We continue with the steps the book has to get there.
- Can You Do What You Like to Do? It is important to know that there is a difference between having a dream that propels you to achieve and pulling an idea out of thin air that has no connection with who you are and what you can do.
You must have some type of criteria for knowing if the desire you have matches the abilities you possess.
There are three questions you can ask yourself to identify if what you want is possible.
- Do you know the difference between what you want and what you’re good at? To be successful, you need to be doing what you are good at
- Do you know what drives you and gives you satisfaction? When what motivates you lines up with what satisfies you, that is a powerful combination
- Do you know what your values and priorities are, and what your organization’s values and priorities are? If those are different, it will be difficult to have success.
One of the main keys to being successful and fulfilling your purpose is to understand your unique talents and to find the right arena in which to use them.
- Do You Know Why You Want to Do What You Would Like to Do? When you do things for the right reason, it gives you inner strength when things go wrong. Doing things for the right reason keeps life less cluttered and your path clearer. If you are doing things that you are meant to do, and you are doing them for the right reason, once again, you have got something good there. Carl Jung, Swiss psychiatrist, once said
Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.
I love that quote. One cannot know what life truly has in store for him or her, without doing some soul-searching. Without spending time really understanding who he or she really is. As I continue on my studies about passion and purpose, I am once again reminded how unsuccessful life will be if you don’t know your purpose.
Remember that God’s gift to us was potential. Our gift to God is developing it. Know what you were placed on this earth to do. Look into your heart and start to find what makes you tick. What would push you to get up early in the morning and work your ass off during the course of the whole day. Find it! Love it! Run with it! Unleash the beast within, baby!
Unleashing that shiz, Cram