I first of all, just wanted to give some major love and appreciation to ALL of those men and woman, and their families, for the sacrifice they have given to our nation so that we can be FREE! I find we Americans to be the most privileged people on the planet. And i will forever be grateful for the service of those who got us here. You are all heroes!
During my workout session this morning, the question was posed, “What would you do if you found out today that you only had one more month to live?” I pondered that question quite a bit. And although my list of what I would change was not too long, it helped me to realize all the places I need improvement. Truth is, if I found out I was about to die, I would without a doubt spend every last minute with the people I love. Right now, that is not possible because I have mouths to feed. But there was a few things I would change. I am a pretty open book, so here is what I came up with:
1. I would take more time to tell people I love and appreciate them and that they are valuable
2. I would COMPLETELY stop getting tied up in the petty things of the world that we spend too much time worrying about
3. I would go out of my way to compliment 10 people a day on something specific to them
4. I would pray more and ask for the mercy of God
5. I would go sit courtside to a Lebron vs Jazz game
6. I would spend every waking moment teaching my children the values of life. The ones that bring true happiness
7. I would wine and dine Holly to the bitter end
8. I would take all my family to enjoy Thailand for 10 days
9. I would eat a lot of s’more cheesecakes from the Cheesecake factory
10. I would spend days on end thanking all the individuals who had helped shape my life
What would you do if time was running out? What would you change? The good news is that it does not have to get to that point for you to make changes now. Once again, one of my life’s purpose’ is to help as many people that will hear the words come out of my mouth, to aim for a higher ground every day. We had one of our best days of the summer on Saturday. Several reps sold in the double digits. I spent some time yesterday sending texts to those individuals to congratulate them. In almost every one of the texts I sent, after I congratulated them I said, “Don’t get complacent. Stay humble and stay hungry, and keep aiming for a higher ground.” That is my goal for all of us. Be a better version of yourself every day. If you can lay in your bed each night with nothing left, your life will be jammed packed with happiness and success.
laying in bed exhausted, Cram