Welcome to freaking Tuesday. Great things happen on Tuesday! Today we continue to talk about the importance of stretching ourselves. Mr. Maxwell says that:

Settling for the status quo ultimately leads to dissatisfaction.

Most people are naturally tempted to settle into their comfort zone where they choose comfort over potential. They fall into familiar patterns and habits, doing the same things in the same ways with the same people at the same time and getting the same results. Sitting in your comfort zone is clearly the safest place to be. But the longer you sit in it, the more dissatisfied you become. Abraham Maslow said, “If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.” Ain’t that right?

I have told the story many of times of Earl Nightengale in “The Strangest Secret”, and how he says that if you were to walk down any street and stop any 20 people and ask them why they get up in the morning, that 19 of the 20 would say, “Because that is what I am supposed to do. I get up and I go to work and I come home. That is life.” The other 5% of those asked would actually know their exact purpose for getting up. They know exactly where they are going are in life. Truth is, 95% of the world lives the law of conformity. And most of them sit around and complain about their circumstances. The other 5% are the ones that create theirs.

Stretching always starts with the inside out. Most people have a dream. For some, it is on the tip of their tongue. For others, it is deep in their hearts, but everyone has one. However, not very many people are pursuing them. So what is stopping you? Most Americans want to lose weight or get into better shape. What stops you? Most Americans want to make more money. So what is stopping you? Most people want to find more happiness in relationships. So what is stopping you from having that? What is stopping you, is you.

It is wise to remember that our situation in life is mainly due to the choices we make and the actions we take, or fail to take. If you are merely average or if you are no closer to your dream this year than you were last year, you can choose to accept it, defend it, cover it up, and explain it away. Or you can choose to change it, grow from it, and forge a new path. The beauty of life is that if we want to jump out of our comfort zone and start to make some noise, there is no one that is stopping us but ourselves. I know it is easier said than done. But when was something that could change your life, love, happiness, fulfillment and success ever easy? Never! And it never will be! So get up, get going, and make some damn noise!

Yours truly,

Noise is my friend, Cram

Marc Cram

About Marc Cram

Marc has seen a lot in the 14 years he has spent in the door-to-door sales industry. By putting his communication skills to work, he managed the #1 office in Preventive Pest history for both overall production and per rep average while also servicing over 300 personal accounts in the same year. Marc has been a constant driving force in the growth and success of DishOne.