Canfield continues his discussion by talking about how to overcome problems within personal comfort zones. The key to overcome these problems is to bombard your mind with positive thoughts. These thoughts can be of awesome vacations, amazing friends, financial independence and freedom, and even a slim and trim body you have always wanted.
As you begin your visualization and affirmation sessions everyday, bombard your mind with these positive thoughts and think of all of your goals as if they have already been completed.
This is a great time to start envisioning your life exactly how you want it. For me personally, this is the toughest part of my power hour. Meaning, I have to force myself to sit down and focus enough to imagine positive goals. I have to find a very quiet place where I cannot be distracted. Although it is difficult, it has absolutely been worth it.
Like I have said before, I could sit here for days telling you stories of my life, and showing you examples of how setting goals and affirming those goals has happened during my power hour, before they actually came to life. I have mentioned before that in Andre Agassi’s book he talks about how most of his big wins in tennis happened in the shower, a couple hours before the match even started.
Some affirmations can be more effective than others. Here is a list of seven guidelines to follow when creating one:
- Start with the two words I am—i.e. I am so happy and grateful that…
- Use the present tense. Describe the affirmation as if you already have it. Its such a great feeling—i.e. I am so happy and grateful that I, Marc Cram sold five dish accounts today, June 6, 2016.
- State it ina positive manner and affirm what you want, not what you don’t
- Keep it brief, it must be easily remembered—e. I am so happy and grateful that I was able to golf for the first time on June 24th, 2016 at 6:30 pm. 3 months after my shoulder surgery.
- Make it specificaffirmations, vague affirmations produce vague results.
- Include the state you would feel or be in if you already hit your goal in your affirmation. Personally, I always use so happy and grateful.You could use others like I am filled with joy, I am so freaking pumped, and I am so proud.
- Make affirmations for yourself and not others.
To end today’s session, I want to tell you that affirmations work. I have seen the power that affirming goals has had in my life again and again. It has work wonders in the lives of my children. My financial freedom has gone to a whole new level. My physical and mental states have never been stronger. My relationships with family and friends have grown to new levels. My self-esteem, self-confidence, and overall happiness have never been higher. Finally, I get the opportunity to pass it onto all those that will hear the words that come out of my mouth. Life is good in affirmation-land!