Today is Wednesday! Hell to the yes!! We continue on the extra mile path today. The first question he asks, is why should we give the extra mile if we’re not going to get paid for it? His response is that you have to trust that it will get noticed. Eventually, you will get the compensation and the recognition that is deserved. The cream always rises to the top. You’ll also rise to the top as you strive to go the extra mile. You will earn an impeccable reputation, and that will be one of your most valuable assets. Here are a few more examples of giving more than is expected:
1. You sell someone a painting and frame it for them before it is delivered.
2. You borrow someone’s car and you gas it up and wash it before you give it back.
3. As an employee, you work your butt off on the days you are scheduled to work. You also work on your day off when one of your coworkers calls in sick.
4. You take on new responsibilities without demanding more pay.
5. You offer to train a new employee, even though that is not in your job responsibilities.
6. You see something that needs to be done and you act on it without being asked.
7. Instead of focusing on how to get more, focus on giving more.
The key to going the extra mile is to surprise people with more than they expect. Make a commitment to be world class. Make a commitment to go the extra mile for your kids, your wife, your job, your health, your employees, your friends, and yourself. Once again, part of the reason we have been placed on this earth is to find happiness in the right spots. Try going the extra mile for someone else and not be left with a feeling of joy. It’s almost impossible. It’s unfortunate that the extra mile road is traveled so little. I can, with all sincerity, assure you that if you live a life of going above and beyond, you will live a freakin good life. Things will start to fall into place like they are meant to. Life is good when you want and do more than is expected!!
Going above and beyond all day, Cram