We have come to the end of an era. We just wrapped up one of the greatest books I have ever read, The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth, by John C. Maxwell. There were many words that were written in this book that will stick with me for a longtime to come, and other principles that I have already started implementing in my life. I hope you enjoyed the book as much as I did. On Thursday, I will start up with the book, As a Man Thinketh, by James Allen. For today’s blog, I would just like to take a second to notate a few of my favorite quotes from the book we just finished:
- “Life is now in session. Are you present?” – Are you just going through the motions, or are you dedicated to your passion and the time it will take to make it better?
- “If you are clear with what you want, the world responds with clarity.” – The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going.
- “What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?” – People are too scared of failing these days. But what they don’t realize is that failure is a great thing as long as you fail forward. As long as you learn the lesson of the failure. As long as you grow from the experience, failure will change your life for the better. So go all in. No regrets.
- “The hallmark of excellence, the test of greatness, is consistency.” – Just remember that motivation gets you going, but self-discipline keeps you growing. It will always be the small, unnoticed and unapplauded things that you consistently do every day that will determine who you become. No doubt in my mind!
- “It’s possible to change without growing, but it’s impossible to grow without changing.” – The change comes as you learn from your mistakes. If you keep doing the same things over and over again, you will always get the same results. If you truly want to succeed, you have to make changes. You have to want to become better and understand more.
- “How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money.” – Think how many countless hours a day are spent wasting time on the internet, on video games, on taking extra time in the shower, watching TV, sleeping, and so much more. If there is one thing that I have learned it is that there really is plenty of time in the day to accomplish EVERYTHING that is important to you.
- “The greatest gains come during the biggest pains.” – Could not agree with this statement more. All the moments in life that I like to call “my defining moments”, have been some of the worst times to go through. But because I pressed on, I feel as though they have shaped me into being some much happier and more qualified for life’s future trials.
- “Expecting the world to treat you fairly just because you are a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge you because you are a vegetarian.” – You have to be more aggressive than that. You have to have intentional growth. You have to go make your circumstances instead of waiting for them to come your way.
- “You will never stub your toe standing still” – Love this one. Never be ok with being complacent. Never get caught up thinking that there is actually such a thing as standing still. Either you are moving forward or you are falling backwards. DO NOT conform to being average.
- “We often cannot determine what happens to us, but we can always determine what happens within us.” – The great thing about life is that if we have it right on the inside, if it is not happening already, it will without a doubt start to happen on the outside. Just keep churning those legs when it comes to being a better person and aiming for a higher ground.
10 simple ways to change your life. With more to come tomorrow.